Monday, June 11, 2012

"I don't hold to the idea that God causes suffering and crisis. I just know that those things come along and God uses them . We think life should be a nice, clean ascending line. But inevitably something waunders onto the scene and creates havoc with the nice way we've arranged life to fall into place.... Stuff happens."- Sue Monk Kidd

I keep going back to the idea of trust.  We were talking to friends this weekend about why bad stuff happens.  I do believe that God does not make it happen.  Bad happens because God has given us the gift of choice.  Bad happens from Bad choices and that has a rippling effect but because God loves us he tries to turn the bad into a positive life lesson for us.  We can't control life.  Trust comes into play.  It is so hard to come to that cliff and just let go but I believe that is how we will fly- trust that God is with you no matter what.  Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment