Monday, February 27, 2012

"There are two ways of spreading light:: to be the candle or the mirror that receives it" - Edith Wharton

As we venture along our paths on our own journey, we may learn many lessons.  Those lessons help us to be the very best that we can be.  Maybe we can even help others who are struggling with their own lessons.  I've always thought that my lessons are mine alone.  Then I see others who seem lost and maybe I could shed some kind of light so they can see their own way more clearly.  Would I be selfish if I did not lend a hand?  I will not choose for another...we need to be on our own journey not living through others nor copying others.  Answers will come to you if you listen and look.  We can be a candle burning to help others see the road they are on or we can be a mirror reflecting back on what others have helped us to see.  Whether we are a candle or a mirror, we are not saying we are better than others.  We are just saying- I know how you feel.  I have been there.  This is how I learned and maybe I can help you.  This is your life-it isn't a dress rehearsal.  Live it.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment