Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"I truly believe we are to treasure life to the fullest. Too often we take this incredible gift of life too much for granted. Appreciation for everything-minor and major events- puts things in perspective and allows us to live a more abundant life. When we feel grateful it affects our whole being. All the trivial issues seems to fall away-and i've discovered that often there's a laugh at the end of the rainbow!"-Emilie Barnes

The reason that there is a laugh is often because someone else has my back and all comes out better than I could ever have imagined.  I have gone through tough times and have been hurt.  But I can look back now and am amazed how much I have to be thankful for.  I write in a journal every day and the first thing I do is write what I am grateful for.  That really does set the stage for the rest of my day.  We should all look at our own roads and stop comparing or competing and instead celebrate our different journeys.  What fun would it be if our experiences were all the same?  We should be there for each other and not against.  Enjoy your life and don't seek to be on another road.  Look at where you are and see all that you have to be grateful for and it will compound those blessings, make you trust, and put you at peace.  Gratitude is indeed the attitude! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment