Thursday, March 1, 2012

"Often people attempt to live their lives backwards:they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want so that they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then, do what you need to do, in order to have what you want."-Margaret Young

How do we really know what we need or really want?  We can see what others have but that isn't who we are.  We need to stop looking at what others have because most of the time that is not how happiness will come.  Happiness must come from inside you first.  Outside things won't make us happy even though we think they will.  Sometimes I take a peak in someone's backyard and think how come they have that and I don't-grass is always greener on other side.  But I never really wanted that before and in truth I don't want it now.  My own heart will tell me where I need to be and where my happiness lies.  I need to have the strength to be who I am because no one else has that job except me.  So accept who you are and find out where your happiness lies.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment