Saturday, March 31, 2012

"Though we may not understand the whys of our circumstances, by thanking God we grow to acknowledge that He is in control-that He can be trusted. We learn to release our iron-tight grip on our circumstances, and we experience a much-welcome reprieve from worry....The antidote for anxiety is to pray with thanksgiving.... The act of gratitude reminds us that God is worthy of our trust."-Debbie Macomber

I believe that trust is the key to peace and happiness and the road to trust includes gratitude.  I have seen the power of gratitude in my life.  I see it and still a part of me tries to fight it.  I don't know why. I guess that is why I am still learning and still striving.  I am writing this blog because I was told to write it.  Trust.  Look around-we have so much to be grateful for even when things don't go as we want.  I often tell my adult children-if life isn't moving how you want it to-slow down-ask yourself why.  Listen and trust the answer that comes to you.  Be grateful for the gifts and the lessons-they are the bricks that lay the pavement on the road/journey we are on.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment