Friday, April 20, 2012

"I need to slow down and I'm asking the Lord to help me do it. I want to move slowly enough to be aware of all the joys He has hidden for me. I want to slow down enough to grow as He wants me to grow. I want to be quiet enough to hear His voice. I need His wisdom to know how to spend my time and how to order my days."-Kathryn Hillen

Sometimes we are so busy trying to get to our destination that we forget to look around at all the beauty and joy that is available to us every day.  I feel so blessed to be retired and can finally have the courage to slow down my life.  What was I trying to prove?  I have a "To Do List" but it is okay to not do it all today!!  It is okay not to have instant gratification!  It is okay to wait and ponder and grow and learn.  Thank you for all the joys today and every day-from small to big.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment