Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"Joy is a choice-a deliberate, conscious choice. That choice is available to us each day. Our joy isn't controlled by others or by outward circumstances. Joy comes from a deeper place, a place of security within ourselves. It's an attitude, not a transitory emotion. Remember to be kind. Remember to be loving.... But most of all, remember to be happy."-Journey to the Heart-Melody Beattie

I believe that gratitude and joy are a couple that need to go hand in hand.  You can't feel one without the other.  I read once that joy feels good and if you don't feel it you feel bad.  Feeling negative takes more energy so being joyful is easier.  Sounds good but I think we have learned such bad habits that it is natural to switch from joy to a negative emotion whether it be resentment, anger, distrust, or jealousy to name a few.  It is work to remind myself to REALLY feel grateful and thus the joy that goes with it.  I have to practice it daily.  It sure does feel good!  I wish you joy and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment